- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
John Coltrane - Believer
- Write a Review
- #K65325 000000000 K65325000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:01/13/2015;Notes:EU-only 180gm vinyl LP pressing including two bonus tracks, deluxe inner sleeve and digital download. John Coltrane was...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:01/13/2015;Notes:EU-only 180gm vinyl LP pressing including two bonus tracks, deluxe inner sleeve and digital download. John Coltrane was one of the most revolutionary musicians in jazz history. In much the same way that Charlie Parker became a dominant influence during the bebop era, there was a time during the 1960's when nearly every tenor sax player tried to imitate Coltrane's sound. THE BELIEVER was recorded in 1958 but issued years later, during Coltrane's Impulse years. On the first three tracks, the masterful tenor saxophonist is joined by pianist Red Garland, bassist Paul Chambers, drummer Louis Hayes, and either Donald Byrd or a young Freddie Hubbard on trumpet. An interesting aspect to the set is that it is the first example of Coltrane being associated with pianist McCoy Tyner. Tyner is not on the date, but he contributed "The Believer", which Coltrane performs along with Calvin Massey's "Nakatini Serenade" and the Rodgers & Hammerstein ballad "Do I Love You Because You're Beautiful?". The two Ray Draper tracks added here as a bonus were originally released under Draper's name and were chosen here because they have already been associated as bonus tracks to THE BELIEVER in previous issues.;Track List:1. The Believer;2. Filide;3. Nakatini Serenade;4. Do I Love You Because You're Beautiful?;5. Paul's Pal
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.