- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
John Coltrane - Dakar
- Write a Review
- #L01155 000000000 L01155000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:03/18/2014;Notes:Dakar is a classic jazz album now credited to jazz musician John Coltrane, released in 1963 on Prestige Records, but wa...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:03/18/2014;Notes:Dakar is a classic jazz album now credited to jazz musician John Coltrane, released in 1963 on Prestige Records, but was originally credited to the "Prestige All Stars." As Coltrane's fame grew during the 1960s after he had stopped recording for Prestige, the record company assembled and reissued varied Coltrane recordings with his name prominently displayed, though in many cases, like on Dakar, he had originally been a sideman. However, issuing the album as if it were originally led by Coltrane was later deemed appropriate given that his "urgent" performances were often the most compelling. With John Coltrane on tenor saxophone, Cecil Payne and Pepper Adams on baritone sax, Mal Waldron on piano, Doug Watkins on bass & Art Taylor on drums....this is one memorable jazz release, newly reissued on vinyl, essential to every important music collection. Special 120 gram Vinyl Reissue This album is one in a series of special 2014 releases commemorating the 65th anniversary of Prestige Records and the 90th birthday of legendary recording engineer Rudy Van Gelder.;Track List:1. Dakar (Teddy Charles);2. Mary's Blues (Pepper Adams);3. Route 4 (Charles);4. Velvet Scene (Waldron);5. Witches Pit (Adams);6. Catwalk (Charles)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.