- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
John Coltrane - Giant Steps
- Write a Review
- #K54259 000000000 K54259000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:06/16/2017;Notes:Limited vinyl LP pressing of the digitally remastered mono mix of this legendary jazz release. Giant Steps is the fifth...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:06/16/2017;Notes:Limited vinyl LP pressing of the digitally remastered mono mix of this legendary jazz release. Giant Steps is the fifth studio album by John Coltrane as leader, released in 1960 on Atlantic Records. His first album for his new label Atlantic, it is the breakthrough album for Coltrane as a leader, and many of it's tracks have become practice templates for jazz saxophonists. Principal recording for the album took place on May 4 and 5, two weeks after Coltrane had participated in the final session for Miles Davis' Kind of Blue. The track "Naima" was recorded on December 2 with Coltrane's bandmates, the rhythm section from the Miles Davis Quintet, who would provide the backing for most of his next album, Coltrane Jazz. The recording exemplifies Coltrane's melodic phrasing that came to be known as sheets of sound, and features his explorations into third-related chord movements that came to be known as Coltrane changes. Jazz musicians continue to use the Giant Steps chord progression, which consists of a peculiar set of chords that often move in thirds, as a practice piece and as a gateway into modern jazz improvisation. Several pieces on this album went on to become jazz standards, most prominently "Naima" and "Giant Steps".;Special Attributes:REMASTERED, MONO SOUND
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.