- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
John Coltrane - Within & Without Miles Live 1960
- Write a Review
- #K64423 000000000 K64423000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:08/19/2016;Notes:The Miles Davis Quintet's 1960 European tour featuring John Coltrane marked the end of the most dynamic front line part...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:08/19/2016;Notes:The Miles Davis Quintet's 1960 European tour featuring John Coltrane marked the end of the most dynamic front line partnership since Dizzy Gillespie and Charlie Parker. This album features John Coltrane performing with the quintet right before leaving and with his new group started immediately after leaving the quintet. This edition features the Quintet's complete April 8, 1960 performance at Kongresshaus in Zurich, Switzerland. Miles and Trane really stretched out on these tunes averaging about 14 minutes per song - superbly backed by Wynton Kelly, Paul Chambers and Jimmy Cobb. John Coltrane formed his first quartet as a leader at New York's Jazz Gallery in May, 1960. After a short trial with Steve Kuhn on piano, McCoy Tyner joined the group. Coltrane also began playing the soprano saxophone during his tenure at the Jazz Gallery. It features Trane's first recordings ever with McCoy Tyner. Numbered first press, edition of 500.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.