- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
John Illsley - Long Shadows
- Write a Review
- #K86332 000000000 K86332000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:05/27/2016;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. 2016 release, the sixth solo studio album from multiple Brit and Grammy award winner John Illsley. A...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:05/27/2016;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. 2016 release, the sixth solo studio album from multiple Brit and Grammy award winner John Illsley. After cutting his teeth as bass player and one of the founding members of Dire Straits, Illsley has also released a steady stream of solo material, an output that, although never rushed, has been critically acclaimed. Undertaking lead vocal, acoustic guitar and bass duties on all of the album's eight tracks, Illsley's unmistakable sound, approach to arrangement and song writing is paired with his faultless lyrical storytelling. A departure from the previous album's themes of personal trials and tribulations, Illsley comments that the lyrical content pertains to "the obvious political and social elements which have always concerned me." Illsley enlisted a roster of top friends and musicians for this release, including Simon Johnson (Lana Del Rey, James Morrison) on electric guitar and Guy Fletcher performing keyboard duties, as well as co-producing the album with Illsley. The Mark Knopfler owned British Grove Studios along with Room with a View Studio and A Bay Studios were used to record and produce the record, with Illsley's children Jess and Dee Dee Illsley also contributed backing vocals.;Track List:1. Morning;2. In the Darkness;3. Comes Around Again;4. There's Something About You;5. Ship of Fools;6. Lay Me Down;7. Long Shadows;8. Close to the Edge
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.