- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
John K. Samson - Provincial
- Write a Review
- L30649 000000000 L30649000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:01/24/2012;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. Since 1997, John K. Samson has written four acclaimed albums with the Weakerthans. The band's 2007 s...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:01/24/2012;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. Since 1997, John K. Samson has written four acclaimed albums with the Weakerthans. The band's 2007 studio release, Reunion Tour, garnered praise from an assortment of publications including Paste Magazine, who said, "If such a prize existed, it would be the leading candidate for this year's Punk Pulitzer. " Provincial, Samson's first solo release began with a simple idea: to explore four different roads in Manitoba, the Canadian province where Samson lives. "They're the places I kept going back to. " Samson talked to relatives, friends and strangers he visited archives, a tuberculosis sanatorium turned RV park, a forgotten cemetery. The result is this collection of evocative songs, an album that fits beside Bruce Springsteen's Nebraska, Sun Kil Moon's Ghosts of the Great Highway, Mountain Goats Tallahassee. While the teenage craving of "Cruise Night" recalls the Cars, "Stop Error" invokes Bach for "When I Write my Master's Thesis, " Samson's inspiration was all jukebox serendipity Bob Dylan's "When I Paint My Masterpiece, " sailing out from the corner of a Yukon dive bar. Provincial is a record full of fierce, tuneful, vivid stories.;Track List:1. Highway 1 East;2. Heart of the Continent;3. Cruise Night;4. Grace General;5. When I Write My Master's Thesis;6. Letter in Icelandic from the Ninette San;7. Longitudinal Centre;8. Www. Ipetitions. Com/Petition/Rivertonrifle/;9. The Last and;10. Stop Error;11. Highway 1 West;12. Taps Reversed
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.