- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Jon Hassell - Listening To Pictures (pentimento Volume One)
- Write a Review
- L27416 000000000 L27416000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:06/08/2018;Notes:140gm Vinyl LP pressing. Listening To Pictures: Pentimento Volume One is the first new album in nine years by a musical...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:06/08/2018;Notes:140gm Vinyl LP pressing. Listening To Pictures: Pentimento Volume One is the first new album in nine years by a musical visionary and hugely influential figure in new music. Forty years since it's creation, Jon Hassell's Fourth World aesthetic remains a powerful influence on modern electronic music. Continuing his lifelong exploration of the possibilities of recombination and musical gene-splicing, fragments of performance are sampled, looped, overdubbed and re-arranged into beguiling unexpected shapes. Hassell applies the painterly technique of 'pentimento' to the arrangements, teasing out texture by the overlaying of sound upon sound, or a carefully timed reveal of the delicate bones pinning the frame of a track together. The release of this new album also sees the launch of Jon's own label, Ndeya (pronounced "in-day-ya"), which will be a home for new work as well as well as selected archival releases, including re-presses of classic sides and some astonishing unreleased music.;Track List:1. Dreaming;2. Picnic;3. Slipstream;4. Al Kongo Udu;5. Pastorale Vassant;6. Manga Scene;7. Her First Rain;8. Ndeya;Special Attributes:140 GRAM VINYL, DIGITAL DOWNLOAD CARD
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.