- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Jonathan Nangle - Pause
- #K85282 000000000 K85282000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:07/28/2017;Notes:Jonathan Nangle is a Dublin composer whose work explores many diverse fields - from notated acoustic and electro-acoust...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:07/28/2017;Notes:Jonathan Nangle is a Dublin composer whose work explores many diverse fields - from notated acoustic and electro-acoustic compositions, through live and spatially distributed electronics, to video, sound installation, and electronic improvisation. His transcendent music for strings comes to life in these luminous recordings by Crash Ensemble, Ireland's leading ensemble for adventurous new music. This is music of serene focus often fragile, always intricately woven. In "Where Distant City Lights Flicker On Half-Frozen Ponds", Nangle enhances a solo violin with electronic resonators which subtly color the musical material like a heat shimmer. "My Heart Stopped A Thousand Beats" is a slow ritual for viola and cello, unfurling into a series of fragments. The mercurial title track "Pause" was inspired by the idea of data glitches in both music and visual media. A snippet of music by early twentieth-century American composer Charles Ives is processed, rearranged, and deliberately glitched, serving as a springboard to new material. The two "Fragment" tracks also featured on the album are short improvisations on passages that occur within "Pause" - reflections of fleeting images. The album closes with "Tessellate" for cello and electronics, inspired by the phenomena of tessellations, where a shape is repeated over and over again, covering a plane without any gaps. RIYL: Kronos Quartet, Jóhann Jóhannsson, Max Richter, Kevin Volans, David Lang, Ólafur Arnalds, Nico Muhly.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.