- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Karel Appel - Musique Barbare
- Write a Review
- #K79014 000000000 K79014000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:04/22/2016;Notes:LP version. Gatefold sleeve. First reissue of Karel Appel's masterpiece Musique Barbare. In 1963, Dutch abstract expres...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:04/22/2016;Notes:LP version. Gatefold sleeve. First reissue of Karel Appel's masterpiece Musique Barbare. In 1963, Dutch abstract expressionist painter Karel Appel (1921-2006), who cofounded the avant-garde Cobra movement in 1948, booked time in the Instituut voor Sonologie in the Netherlands to compose music for a documentary that cinematographer Jan Vrijman was making on Appel's work. Musique Barbare was born. Originally released by Philips, this masterpiece of musique concrete is a real jewel for any record collector. Made in collaboration with Insituut member Frits Weiland, Musique Barbare is a fantastic mix of electric organ fumblings, full-on riots of distorted kettle drum, and assorted percussion-room filigrees, assembled into an extremely edit-heavy suite with significant tape-speed manipulation. Karel Appel was a forceful and fascinating personality, and Musique Barbare bears his unique stamp as much as any of his other artistic creations. A more remarkable gramophone record has not been produced in many a year. Includes exclusive photos by Ed van der Elsken and texts by Jan Vrijman, all printed on luxurious photographic paper.;Track List:1. Paysage Électronique - Karel Appel;2. Poème Barbare - Karel Appel;3. Le Cavalier Blanc - Karel Appel
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.