- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
King Curtis - Live at Fillmore Qwest
- Write a Review
- #K65129 000000000 K65129000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:08/05/2014;Notes:Limited 180gm vinyl LP pressing in gatefold sleeve. LIVE AT THE FILLMORE WEST was the ultimate King Curtis live album, ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:08/05/2014;Notes:Limited 180gm vinyl LP pressing in gatefold sleeve. LIVE AT THE FILLMORE WEST was the ultimate King Curtis live album, a brilliant confirmation of the saxophonist's place in popular music. This is the stuff of Soul legends that belongs in any record collection. The album showcases three concerts he played with his band the Kingpins at the Fillmore West venue in San Francisco in March 1971. Famed for their outstanding rhythmic interplay, the group of seasoned session men featured Cornell Dupree on guitar, Billy Preston on electric organ and Bernard 'Pretty' Purdie on drums, supported by the inimitable Memphis Horns. Curtis rips through some of the biggest hits of the day including Stevie Wonder's 'Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)' and Led Zeppelin's 'Whole Lotta Love', transforming them into showcases for the group's soulful playing. Beautiful renditions of 'A Whiter Shade of Pale' and 'I Stand Accused' are highlights, and full-throttle rockers like 'Changes' and 'Memphis Soul Stew' comprise the heart of the album. Tragically only a week after it's release, Curtis was stabbed to death outside his brownstone apartment in New York following an argument with two junkies.;Track List:1. Memphis Soul Stew;2. A Whiter Shade of Pale;3. Whole Lotta Love;4. I Stand Accused;5. Changes;6. Ode to Billie Joe;7. Mr. Bojangles;8. Signed Sealed Delivered I'm Yours;9. Soul Serenade
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.