- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
King Curtis - The Best Of King Curtis
- Write a Review
- #K74196 000000000 K74196000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:09/30/2016;Notes:Limited edition 180gm vinyl LP pressing. King Curtis was the greatest R&B instrumentalist of all time, period. And it's...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:09/30/2016;Notes:Limited edition 180gm vinyl LP pressing. King Curtis was the greatest R&B instrumentalist of all time, period. And it's not much of a contest. The saxophonist played on hundreds of the most hallowed recording sessions of all time, everything from the Coasters' "Yakety Yak" to John Lennon's Imagine album. But Curtis wasn't just a superstar sideman he also was responsible for some of the greatest Pop/R&B instrumental albums of all time. Often overshadowed by the brilliance of his session work and his long players, however, is the fact that Curtis was actually quite a successful singles artist as well, notching 25 Pop and 10 R&B hits during his storied career, many of which are gathered here on the excellent 1968 ATCO compilation The Best Of King Curtis including "Harper Valley P.T.A.," "Ode To Billy Joe," "Soul Serenade" and "Memphis Soul Stew.";Track List:1. Harper Valley P.T.A 2:34;2. Ode to Billy Joe 2:48;3. Soul Serenade 2:53;4. I Heard It Through the Grapevine 3:16;5. (Sittin' on) the Dock of the Bay 2:42;6. Memphis Soul Stew 2:55;7. Spanish Harlem 2:46;8. Jump Back 1:55;9. Something on Your Mind 4:35;10. You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' 3:13;11. Makin' Hey 2:56;12. I Was Made to Love Her 2:26;Special Attributes:LIMITED EDITION, 180 GRAM VINYL, ANNIVERSARY EDITION
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.