- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Leslie Winer - Witch
- Write a Review
- #K84148 000000000 K84148000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:06/10/2014;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. Produced in the twilight of the '80s in London and originally released on white-label LP with a home...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:06/10/2014;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. Produced in the twilight of the '80s in London and originally released on white-label LP with a homemade rubber stamp impression, Witch is the mysterious and powerful debut from poet, artist and musician Leslie Winer. It's an infectious patchwork of Dub beats, tasteful samples and Winer's sultry blend of spoken word with cool, folksy lullabies that later became popularized by acts such as Massive Attack and Tricky. Even though Witch predates those artists' breakthroughs by a year or more, Winer quickly rejected NME's christening her as the 'Grandmother of Trip-Hop.' No stranger to the concept of fame and it's pitfalls, Winer moved to New York in the late '70s to attend university and befriended William S. Burroughs and Jean-Michel Basquiat, among other street-level luminaries. Winer's spoken delivery evokes the frank realism of beat poetry her lyrics grapple with socially constructed notions of beauty, womanhood and domestic roles. These stark challenges to power structures are articulate and staggeringly direct, pushing the boundaries of pop music's form.;Track List:1. He Was;2. Flove;3. N1Ear;4. The Boy Who Used 2 Whistle;5. John Says;6. 5;7. 1Nce Upon a Time;8. Skin;9. Dream 1
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.