- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Lou Reed - The Blue Mask
- Write a Review
- #K48972 000000000 K48972000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:11/17/2017;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. Digitally remastered edition of this 1982 release. The Blue Mask is the eleventh studio album by Lou...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:11/17/2017;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. Digitally remastered edition of this 1982 release. The Blue Mask is the eleventh studio album by Lou Reed. It was the first album released after Reed left Arista Records and returned to RCA Records. The album was released near Reed's 40th birthday, and covers topics of marriage and settling down, alongside themes of violence, paranoia, and alcoholism. Reed and Robert Quine's guitars were mixed separately in the right and left stereo channels respectively. To differentiate his guitar's sound from Reed's, Quine used D tuning, playing each song as if it was one major second lower. Quine, who years earlier followed the Velvet Underground across the country and taped several of their early shows (they were later released as Bootleg Series Volume 1: The Quine Tapes), was a perfect complement to Reed. Longtime Reed collaborator Fernando Saunders plays the bass and adds backing vocals (most noticeably, a falsetto refrain in the outro to "Heavenly Arms") to this album. The drummer for the album was the studio ace Doane Perry who later joined Jethro Tull.;Track List:1. My House 5:21;2. Women 4:55;3. Underneath the Bottle 2:27;4. The Gun 3:37;5. The Blue Mask 5:00;6. Average Guy 3:10;7. The Heroine 3:00;8. Waves of Fear 4:10;9. The Day John Kennedy Died 4:05;10. Heavenly Arms 4:45;Special Attributes:150 GRAM VINYL, REMASTERED
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.