- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Low Estate - Covert Cult Of Death
- Write a Review
- #K85384 000000000 K85384000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:11/03/2017;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. 2017 release. Low Estate is serious music played by men inclined to laugh themselves to death. The t...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:11/03/2017;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. 2017 release. Low Estate is serious music played by men inclined to laugh themselves to death. The title of their debut album, Covert Cult Of Death, is taken from the book The Insanity Of Normality by Swiss-German psychologist Arno Gruen, whose argument that evil is the result of self-hatred and self-betrayal forms the backbone of the group's thematic approach. With backgrounds in classic metal, hardcore, and noise rock, the band has forged an imposing and caustic sound with a wry sense of humor, not reliant on blastbeats or atmospherics. Their off-kilter approach allows for sonic digressions that never overshadow the weight and gravity of the songs. Their heaviness exists near the low-end of black metal, with a healthy dose of '90s hardcore, and a dash of Jesus Lizard stirred in for good measure. Splitting time between Austin, TX and Brooklyn, NY, Low Estate consists of Brendan Tobin (Red Sparrowes) on bass, Geoff Garlock (Orchid) on guitar, Jimmy Hubbard (The Year is One) on vocals, and Christopher Todd (Sannhet) on drums. The album also features appearances by Integrity's Dwid Hellion, David Castillo of Primitive Weapons, and Zachary Lipez of Publicist UK. Recorded by Tobin, it was mixed by Sanford Parker and mastered by Brad Boatright at Audiosiege. The Covert Cult Of Death is a winding and propulsive meditation on the world as it is, as it has always been.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.