- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Lucky Dube - House of Exile
- Write a Review
- #K62588 000000000 K62588000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:06/03/2016;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. Reggae's popularity in Africa produced a new generation of African reggae stars such as Alpha Bondy ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:06/03/2016;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. Reggae's popularity in Africa produced a new generation of African reggae stars such as Alpha Bondy and Lucky Dube. The latter became South Africa's first homegrown reggae star with his soulful, melodic yet message-oriented recordings. Vocally he evoked the style of his hero Peter Tosh. Yet Lucky's voice ranged beyond this similarity with a power and phrasing all his own. It's no surprise then that he became the most important new artist from South Africa in many years. South Africa's foremost reggae star continued to grow with 1992's House of Exile. His voice, powerful as always, presented more facets than the trademark Peter Tosh-style baritone that first attracted attention. Most impressive was his songwriting, which had become more sharply political. He addressed the struggle in South Africa as well as themes of personal liberation. With so much Jamaican reggae trending in a dance hall direction, it's heartening to hear and see the classic internationalist message of Marley, Tosh and Wailer carried on in Africa by Lucky.;Track List:1. House of Exile;2. Crazy World;3. Group Areas Act;4. Reap What You Sow;5. It's Not Easy;6. Running Falling;7. Hold on;8. Up with Hope (Down with Dope);9. Can't Blame You;10. Mickey Mouse Freedom
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.