- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Mad River - Mad River
- Write a Review
- #K72176 000000000 K72176000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:10/28/2008;Notes:US only LP pressing. By far the most ominous-sounding of the Bay Area's 1960s psychedelic bands, the music of Berkeley'...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:10/28/2008;Notes:US only LP pressing. By far the most ominous-sounding of the Bay Area's 1960s psychedelic bands, the music of Berkeley's Mad River comes across like a spiraling, acid-spiked descent into hell. With a raw, garagey style marked by Lawrence Hammond's quavering vocals and the inter-locking exchanges of guitarists David Robinson and Rick Bockner, Mad River's sound conjures a darker, more menacing version of Quicksilver Messenger Service or early Country Joe and the Fish. No wonder the quintet's self-titled 1968 debut has long been at the top of many collector's want lists. Mad River's tabs of tortured soul-cuts like the lysergic opening rush of "Merciful Monks," the lengthy, labyrinthine "The War Goes On," and the truly demented "Amphetamine Gazelle"-add up to one cathartic ride, a ride that psych-heads will be tripping all over themselves to take again and again. Sundazed's exact reproduction of this lost classic is sourced directly from the original Capitol Records stereo masters. Sundazed. 2008.;Track List:1. Merciful Monks;2. High All the Time;3. Amphetamine Gazelle;4. Eastern Light;5. Wind Chimes;6. The War Goes on;7. Hush Julian
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.