- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Madlib - Shades of Blue
- Write a Review
- #K54482 000000000 K54482000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:05/27/2014;Notes:Double vinyl LP pressing. It's a crate digger's fantasy: free access to the archives of legendary Blue Note records, pl...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:05/27/2014;Notes:Double vinyl LP pressing. It's a crate digger's fantasy: free access to the archives of legendary Blue Note records, plus an open pass to sample and remix nuggets from their collection of classics. Left Coast space cadet Madlib lived out this dream, and the result is a true hip-hop oddity. Falling somewhere between mix CD, remix project, oral history and tribute album, Shades of Blue is, in essence, a love letter from Otis Jackson, Jr.. to jazz. Interrupted by shout-outs from his jazz idols and snippets of Blue Note history, the album combines straight-up remixes, skewed cover versions by Madlib (under numerous guises) and one new composition. Of these, it's the remixes that fare best, as Madlib brings his off-kilter, ear-rattling beats to bear on jazz-funk tracks by Donald Byrd and others. There's a slightly outdated acid-jazz vibe surrounding the project, but at his best, Madlib's mix of California dreaminess and underground grit transforms the well-known source material into something that sounds utterly contemporary.;Track List:1. Introduction;2. Slim's Return;3. Distant Land;4. Mystic Bounce;5. Stormy;6. Blue Note Interlude;7. Please Set Me at Ease;8. Funky Blue Note;9. Alfred Lion Interlude;10. Stepping Into Tomorrow;11. Andrew Hill Break;12. Montara;13. Song for My Father;14. Footprints;15. Peace/Dolphin Dance;16. Outro;Special Attributes:REISSUE
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.