- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Marcus Fischer - Loss
- Write a Review
- #K72400 000000000 K72400000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:09/01/2017;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. 2017 release. Loss is the long-awaited and anticipated follow-up to Marcus Fischer's acclaimed Monoc...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:09/01/2017;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. 2017 release. Loss is the long-awaited and anticipated follow-up to Marcus Fischer's acclaimed Monocoastal (2010). Fischer created Loss over several years, finding inspiration to complete it during his time at the Robert Rauschenberg Residency in Captiva, Florida, in early 2017. The album is a particularly emotional work as Fischer explored what loss means to him and how to cope with the permanence of absence. The result is decisively somber and perhaps one of the darkest, most emotional albums in the 12k catalog. Fischer manifested the concepts of loss in his compositions through the use of generation loss from reel-to-reel tape, rerecording sounds through various speakers in physical spaces, layering, and the use of sounds that have been physically displaced from their source. Conceptually, he listened inside the degradation of sound, pulling out chance moments of beauty and hope amid the rubble. While Loss has a bleak and lonely tone, the music is characteristic of Marcus Fischer with fragile tape loops on the edge of falling apart, distant haunting melodies and a physicality that grounds the album's human spirit.;Track List:1. A1. Nocturna;2. A2. Veering;3. A3. Strand;4. A4. Loss;5. B1. Murmurations;6. B2. While;7. B3. Home
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.