- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Marika Hackman - Any Human Friend
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L69166 000000000 L69166000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:08/09/2019;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. "Hand Solo," "Blow," and "Conventional Ride" are just a few of the cheeky offerings off Any Human Fr...Click To Read More About This Product
Release Date:08/09/2019;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. "Hand Solo," "Blow," and "Conventional Ride" are just a few of the cheeky offerings off Any Human Friend, the new album from rock provocateur Marika Hackman. "This whole record is me diving into myself and peeling back the skin further and further, exposing myself in quite a big way. It can be quite sexual," Hackman says. "It's blunt, but not offensive. It's mischievous." There's also depth to her carnal knowledge: Any Human Friend is ultimately about how, as she puts it, "We all have this lightness and darkness in us." "Hand Solo" extorts the virtues of masturbation and features Hackman's favorite line, "Under patriarchal law, I'm going to die a virgin." The song "Blow" paints a picture of social excess. And "Conventional Ride" thumbs it's nose at heterosexual sex through "the trope a lot of gay women experience: sleeping with someone, then it becomes apparent you're kind of an experiment." Marika wrote the album over a year, recording a few songs at a time with co-producer David Wrench (Frank Ocean, The xx).
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.