- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Marlena Shaw - Woman Of The Ghetto
- Write a Review
- #K80241 000000000 K80241000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:10/30/2015;Notes:Cold Busted's 100th release is now available on a 12 inch. How does a label celebrate such a milestone? By going one ab...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:10/30/2015;Notes:Cold Busted's 100th release is now available on a 12 inch. How does a label celebrate such a milestone? By going one above today's current wild wild west landscape of digital sampling and officially licensing a legendary '60s-era song that's made it's rounds in the golden era of sample based hip-hop. Akshin Alizadeh, the man from Azerbaijan, is the lucky one tapped from the label's roster to remix Marlena Shaw's "Woman of the Ghetto." The producer's strong funk and nu-jazz influences, as well as his ability to combine funky grooves with punchy hip-hop beats, are on full display once again. Rightfully dramatic orchestral strings give way to bluesy rhythmic wah-wah guitar plucking, slightly cabaret-ish piano, pitch bending keys, and a totally sultry sax. The percussion sounds like signature Alizadeh with a flickering hat pattern, well placed snare rolls, and punchy interplay with the kick. For the DJs needing to spice things up, an instrumental is included. If this achievement is any indication of the new century of releases from Cold Busted then bring on one hundred more!;Track List:1. Marlena Shaw - Woman of the Ghetto (Akshin Alizadeh Remix);2. Marlena Shaw - Woman of the Ghetto (Akshin Alizadeh Instrumental Mix)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.