- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Master Musicians of Jajouka - The Primal Energy That Is The Music and Ritual Of Jajouka, Morocco
- Write a Review
- #K72058 000000000 K72058000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:11/15/2011;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. In the Djebala foothills of the Rif Mountains in northern Morocco is the ancient village of Jajouka....Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:11/15/2011;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. In the Djebala foothills of the Rif Mountains in northern Morocco is the ancient village of Jajouka. For hundreds of years music has poured out of that village, music by the world's only "4000 year old rock band" (William Burroughs), The Master Musicians of Jajouka. For hundreds of years the Master Musicians were the musical group of choice for the princes of Morocco, but they were not heard outside their native soil. Fast forward to 1950, Morocco, free of French and Spanish colonialism, is alive and the Beat Generation has discovered it. Author/composer Paul Bowles and writer/painter Brion Gysin hears the Master Musicians at a festival and have their minds blown. At different times both Bowles and Gysin make their way to the village of Jajouka, visits which result in some of the first recordings of the group. Light in the Attic.;Track List:1. Prayer;2. Waving;3. Jajouka Black Eyes (Flutes);4. Brian Jones;5. Jajouka Black Eyes (Rhaitas);6. Teasing Boujeloud;7. Jajouka Black Eyes (Gimbris);8. Brian Jones (Rhaitas);9. Boujeloud (Flutes);10. Boujeloud (Rhaitas);11. Boujeloud (Gimbris Vocals)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.