- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Matt Kivel - Fires On The Plain
- Write a Review
- #K69059 000000000 K69059000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:01/13/2017;Notes:*Received a 7.0 rating from Pitchfork. Fires on the Plain is the second album that Matt Kivel will release in 2016. It ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:01/13/2017;Notes:*Received a 7.0 rating from Pitchfork. Fires on the Plain is the second album that Matt Kivel will release in 2016. It is an 82-minute record featuring performances by Robin Pecknold (Fleet Foxes), Bonnie "Prince" Billy, Sophia Knapp, and about 20 other people who you may not know as well. Fires on the Plain is Kivel's best record to date. It's a stone-cold classic of an album that is expansive and rich with detail. Horns blend with raindrops. Vocal howls give way to field recordings of rivers and backyards. The songs are sweet, dark, and always, brave. Matt will shower you mercilessly with distortion, soothe you with a quiet folk hymn, and launch into a motorik drum beat all within 5 minutes of music. It sounds wild, but it works beautifully. You will find that this music grows, evolves, and transfigures itself every time you return to it. It is a living, breathing thing, and I really hope that you take some time to enjoy it. These types of records aren't born every day.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.