- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Mickey Hart - Planet Drum
- Write a Review
- K57977 000000000 K57977000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:05/05/2017;Notes:Limited double 180gm vinyl LP pressing. Includes three bonus tracks not on the original release: "Sea of Showers", "Thr...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:05/05/2017;Notes:Limited double 180gm vinyl LP pressing. Includes three bonus tracks not on the original release: "Sea of Showers", "Throat Games", and "The Spot".Planet Drum is a world music album by Mickey Hart, a musician and musicologist who was a member of the rock band the Grateful Dead. Hart's concept for Planet Drum was to play drum music with percussionists from around the world, and incorporate their different musical styles and traditions into a new global sound. The musicians on the Planet Drum album were from the United States (Hart), India (Zakir Hussain and T.H. "Vikku" Vinayakram), Nigeria (Sikiru Adepoju and Babatunde Olatunji), Brazil (Airto Moreira and his wife, vocalist Flora Purim), and Puerto Rico (Giovanni Hidalgo and Frank Colón). Planet Drum won the Grammy Award for Best World Music Album of 1991, the first year for which the award was given. It reached #1 on the Billboard chart for Top World Music Albums.;Track List:1. Udu Chant;2. Island Groove;3. Light Over Shawdow;4. Dance of the Hunter's Fire;5. Jewe 'You Are the One;6. The Hunt;7. Temple Caves;8. The Dancing Sorcerer;9. Bones;10. Lost River;11. Evening Samba;12. Iyanu 'Surprises';13. Mysterious Island;14. Sea of Showers;15. Throat Games;16. The Spot;Special Attributes:180 GRAM VINYL
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.