- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Mike Dillon - Life Is Not A Football
- Write a Review
- #K75683 000000000 K75683000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:04/21/2017;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. Profundity wrapped in absurdity is exactly what we crave from the one and only punk jazz visionary M...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:04/21/2017;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. Profundity wrapped in absurdity is exactly what we crave from the one and only punk jazz visionary Mike Dillon. In one way or another, each of the 14 tracks comprising his latest offering, Life Is Not A Football, live up to that ideal. It's Dillon's third release in less than 12 months, following his solo recording, Functioning Broke, and the debut LP, Dogs, by Nolatet (his modern jazz quartet with Brian Haas, James Singleton and Johnny Vidacovich). This time around, the New Orleans-based vibraphonist/percussionist/vocalist presents the current configuration of the Mike Dillon Band. Straight out of the Big Easy, it's a no-holds-barred affair. Dillon and company seethe, stutter, glide, pummel, prank and rage, often all at once on tracks like "Robo Tripping Vikings," "Speed Trap" and "Iggy In the Van." Drummer Matt Chamberlain joins the proceedings on the industrial funk anthem "Man Cunt," while Dillon's longtime mallet compatriot Earl Harvin adds marimba to the title track. In Dillon's own words: "This is a punk-as-fuck record with lots of social commentary. These are songs about the acceptance of life, love and death. At 50, you are either cool with the impermanent nature of the universe, or you start a life of serious meds and booze-infused denial. Songs like 'Cremate Me,' 'Man Cunt' and 'Friendship' deal with the happy little deaths that occur daily."
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.