- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Miles Davis - Big Fun
- Write a Review
- K60543 000000000 K60543000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:09/16/2016;Notes:Limited double 180gm audiophile vinyl LP pressing in gatefold jacket. Originally released in 1974, Big Fun presents mus...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:09/16/2016;Notes:Limited double 180gm audiophile vinyl LP pressing in gatefold jacket. Originally released in 1974, Big Fun presents music from three different phases of Miles Davis' early-seventies 'electric' period. Sides one and four ('Great Expectations' and 'Lonely Fire') were recorded three months after the Bitches Brew sessions and incorporate sitar, tambura, tabla and other Indian instruments. They also mark the first time since the beginning of Miles Davis' electric period that he played his trumpet with the Harmon mute which had been one of his hallmarks, making it sound much like the sitar. This contributed to creating a very clear and lean sound, highlighting both the high and low registers, as opposed to the busier sound of Bitches Brew which placed more emphasis on the middle and low registers. 'Ife' was recorded after the 1972 On the Corner sessions, and the framework is similar to tracks from that record. It has a drum and electric bass groove and a plethora of musicians improvising individually and in combinations over variations on the hypnotic bassline. Recorded in March 1970, 'Go Ahead John' is an outtake from Davis' Jack Johnson sessions. The recording is a riff and groove-based, with a relatively sparser line-up of Steve Grossman on soprano saxophone, Dave Holland on bass, Jack DeJohnette on drums and John McLaughlin on guitar with wah-wah pedal.;Track List:1. Great Expectations;2. Ife;3. Go Ahead John;4. Lonely Fire
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.