- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Miles Davis - Miles Davis and Horns
- Write a Review
- #K85518 000000000 K85518000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:07/14/2009;Notes:The sextet tracks with Sonny Rollins and Bennie Green were the first recordings Miles made after his affiliation with C...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:07/14/2009;Notes:The sextet tracks with Sonny Rollins and Bennie Green were the first recordings Miles made after his affiliation with Capitol ended, a hiatus of approximately ten months. It began a long and fruitful association with Prestige, first in all-star contexts and, later, with the first of his regular quintets. Miles was battling personal problems in this period and also was not in favor with the critics. Some of them still thought of his tone and style as "a man walking on egg shells, " when, in reality, he was into a more popping, burning attack. The 1953 tracks with Al Cohn and Zoot Sims (all compositions by Cohn) are in a more laid-back groove, striking a balance between the Capitol no net and the fierce swing of the "Blue 'n' Boogie" with J.J. Johnson and Lucky Thompson to come in 1954. With Sonny Truitt, Al Cohn, Zoot Sims, John Lewis, Leonard Gaskin, Kenny Clarke, Bennie Green, Sonny Rollins, Percy Heath, Roy Haynes. Tracks: Tasty Pudding, Floppy, Willie the Wailer, for Adults Only, Morpheus, Down, Blue Room, Whispering, plus CD bonus track Blue Room (alternate).;Track List:1. Tasty Pudding;2. Floppy;3. Willie the Wailer;4. For Adults Only;5. Morpheus;6. Down;7. The Blue Room;8. Whispering;9. The Blue Room [Alternate Take]
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.