- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Miles Davis - Stockholm - March 22nd 1960
- Write a Review
- #K69209 000000000 K69209000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:07/22/2016;Notes:Doxy release a great show from the legendary Miles Davis and John Coltrane 1960s European tour. Spring of 1960 was a ma...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:07/22/2016;Notes:Doxy release a great show from the legendary Miles Davis and John Coltrane 1960s European tour. Spring of 1960 was a major turning point for the Miles Davis Quintet. Seven months after the release of Kind of Blue (RUM 2011129LP) in August 1959 and just days after Miles recorded Sketches of Spain (DOG 904LP) on March 10 and 11, 1960, the quintet departed for a breakneck tour of Europe. Tensions ran high even before the quintet left, and major changes would take place upon the group's return, including the departure of John Coltrane. Coltrane's solos are at times playful and harmonically complex as is his signature, stretching the boundaries of the themes and in fact the genre, and always interesting. There are clear signs of the direction he would soon take on his own as a leader. Miles Davis himself plays some of his finest breaks in this set and clearly is inspired by the material and the band and very probably the rapt audiences. It's clear they knew they were witness to giants in their land and showed due respect and generosity. What makes these recordings so special is that you can hear Coltrane starting to break away musically, taking extended "sheets of sound" solos on Miles Davis Quintet standards. Whistles of admiration and encouragement go up from the audience during Coltrane's solos, and you get the sense from Miles's playing that he was being topped and wasn't quite sure how to respond musically.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.