- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Muddy Waters - Manish Boy / Young Fashioned Ways
- Write a Review
- L42218 000000000 L42218000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:09/15/2017;Notes:Originally recorded as the sequel to Muddy Waters' and Willie Dixon's 1954 hit Hootchie Cootchie Man and simultaneously...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:09/15/2017;Notes:Originally recorded as the sequel to Muddy Waters' and Willie Dixon's 1954 hit Hootchie Cootchie Man and simultaneously as the response to Bo Diddley's 1955 groover I'm A Man, the A-side Manish Boy itself has since become a blues standard, covered by anyone from Erykah Badu to The Band. This song is a staple in the Chicago blues subgenre and also served as a particularly important inspiration for loads of young British musicians, leading up to what would become the British Invasion of the 1960s. Notably, this is the only recording not featuring frequent collaborator Little Walter on harmonica (but was one of the few recordings with Junior Wells) during what was arguably Waters' most fruitful creative period for single blues hits. The swelling, adoring screams of women during the chorus makes this the ideal version. The B-side Young Fashioned Ways was written by friend and bandmate Willie Dixon and is another essential collaboration between the two pillars of the Chicago blues scene. Great title too!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.