- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
New Edition - Candy Girl
- Write a Review
- #K60201 000000000 K60201000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:01/20/2014;Notes:When Maurice Starr uncovered the talents of a Roxbury vocal group in the early '80s at a talent show at Dorchesters sto...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:01/20/2014;Notes:When Maurice Starr uncovered the talents of a Roxbury vocal group in the early '80s at a talent show at Dorchesters storied Strand Theater he saw the second coming of the Jackson 5. The boys didn't win the completion (they came in second) but they did win a deal with Starr & Streetwise records. Starr came up with the name New Edition (as in a new edition of the Jackson 5) and started recording with the boys the day after the talent show at the Strand. This group of kids (all under 15) had their first single "Candy Girl" shoot to #1 on the Billboard R&B Charts. This led them to their debut album, also titled Candy Girl, which had a lot of pop/early hip hop influences, yet still has a classic R&B feel. Other hits such as "Popcorn Love" and "Ohh Girl" and the slow burner of "Is This the End" make this album well rounded and no surprise as to why they went on to become one of the biggest R&B groups ever. The success of New Edition led to Bobby Browns solo career, the success of Bell Biv DeVoe and served as a template for the "boy bands" that followed. But don't let that last line fool you, this album packs a bite with solid production and hooks for days.;Track List:1. Gimme Your Love;2. She Gives Me A Bang;3. Is This The End;4. Pass The Beat;5. Popcorn Love;6. Candy Girl;7. Ooh Baby;8. Should Have Never Told Me;9. Gotta Have Your Lovin';10. Jealous Girl
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.