- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Noir - We Had To Let You Have It
- Write a Review
- #K91043 000000000 K91043000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:08/18/2017;Notes:Limited 180gm vinyl LP pressing. We Had To Let You Have It is the only recorded output from Britain's first all-black r...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:08/18/2017;Notes:Limited 180gm vinyl LP pressing. We Had To Let You Have It is the only recorded output from Britain's first all-black rock band Noir, a band which broke up before the album was released. We Had To Let You Have It a low-key release with above average guitar work. A melt of soul, R&B, rock, blues rock formula, with minor incursions into jazz and hints of proto-prog. In their short career Noir had gigs opening up for the Rolling Stones and Cream. It's an unpolished version of the Chambers Brothers and Rare Earth due to the drums and fuzz. In 1970 the band had spent ages recording this undisputable miracle for the label Dawn (that was the label of Mungo Jerry also). How did they get there, and where from, is still a mystery. The band split before completing the album, and vanished from the studio - all attempts to discover their whereabouts failed. The music was too good to be left on a shelf and the label released it anyway, hence the album title We Had To Let You Have It. The tracks are sometimes funky, sometimes smoky and inspirited, sometimes a tribal percussive thing pops up, all the cuts have a deep soulful feeling and the guitar playing is above reproach.;Track List:1. Rain;2. Hard Labour;3. Beggar Man;4. In Memory of Lady X;5. How Long;6. The System;7. Indian Rope Man;8. Ju Ju Man;Special Attributes:180 GRAM VINYL
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.