- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Oddisee - Alwasta
- Write a Review
- #K61450 000000000 K61450000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:07/12/2016;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. Prolific Brooklyn-based underground MC/producer Oddissee is back yet again with a free blessing, the...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:07/12/2016;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. Prolific Brooklyn-based underground MC/producer Oddissee is back yet again with a free blessing, the seven-track AlWasta EP, to hold us over until the followup to The Good Fightdrops in May. The EP takes it's title from the Arabic colloquial term that in modern English slang loosely translates to "the plug." The term "wasta" comes from the Arabic word "wasat," meaning "middle" or "middleman," and describes a member of the community who acts as a connector using their wealth of social currency. That is Oddisee to a tee. The Sudanese-American spitter has come correct for years with skillful every-man raps that exude a knowledge far beyond self and are still highly relatable. AlWasta is no-skip music to ride to. It's just smooth beats that will put you in your zone and lyrics that will keep you there, making you think but not necessarily rewind for comprehension. Sample-driven excursions mixed with live instrumentation punctuated by drums with plenty of knock and catchy hooks swirl around penetrating lyrics that switch cadences and speeds. If you want lyrics to come back, you won't be disappointed. Just press play and let it rock.;Track List:1. Asked About You;2. No Reservations;3. Strength Weakness;4. Wouldn't Be Surprised;5. Lifting Shadows;6. Catching Vibes;7. Slow Groove
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.