- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Olivier Brisson - Horizon Capiton
- Write a Review
- L33085 000000000 L33085000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:03/09/2018;Notes:"'What is Normal Music?' That was the title I chose for an article some years ago and despite the fact that I was searc...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:03/09/2018;Notes:"'What is Normal Music?' That was the title I chose for an article some years ago and despite the fact that I was searching something else, it was difficult to find anything better to start these lines about Horizon Capiton the new LP by French musician Olivier Brisson. Monsieur Brisson lives in Lille and has been involved not only with sound experimentation but also with psychiatry. The latter is not just a detail but an important fact here: this is a work about frames and boundaries. But who (or what) are inside/outside those frames? That's not easy to say. The sound collage brings us to a continuous flow where everything seems mixed: 'professionals' cataloguing 'mental illness', voices of 'patients', tape failures, suggestive music passages, anomalous noises, field recordings from everywhere and several rivers of sounds sailing together along with the listener. The trip is intense and compelling. Beautiful and terrifying. The horizon might be a cushion but it might be also something else. We're culturally trained to believe that something is 'normal' or not and we put a lot of effort in trying to make the world fit in those categories. But in the end who is 'normal' enough to say what is 'not normal'? This is what this record is about and Beware! Sound can easily break barriers, even those you didn't notice were present." -Anla Courtis, Buenos Aires, Argentina, December 2017
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.