- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
OMD (Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark) - Punishment Of Luxury
- Write a Review
- K58248 000000000 K58248000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:09/01/2017;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. 2017 release, the thirteenth studio album by synthpop group Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (OMD),...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:09/01/2017;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. 2017 release, the thirteenth studio album by synthpop group Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (OMD), and the third since their 2006 reformation. Produced by OMD, The Punishment of Luxury shares it's name with a 1891 painting by Italian artist Giovanni Segantini. In December 2016, OMD frontman Andy McCluskey expounded: "We've taken that idea and extrapolated it into sort of... a metaphor for modern life, really. First world problems. All of the shit we have to deal with is only a problem that's created for you by some suggestion that came from a marketing man or a PR job that's been done on you." Humphreys said of the album's musical direction: "We're still trying to maintain our connection with our roots, but we've tried to go a bit more, even more stripped-down than English Electric." McCluskey added: "There's a little bit more sort of crunchy industrial sound in a few things, a bit glitchy-er. But you know, the bottom line is that we have a sense of melody that we just can't throw off.";Track List:1. The Punishment of Luxury;2. Isotype;3. Robot Man;4. What Have We Done;5. Precision Decay;6. As We Open So We Close;7. Art Eats Art;8. Kiss Kiss Kiss Bang Bang Bang;9. One More Time;10. La Mitrailleuse;11. Ghost Star;12. The View from Here
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.