- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Otis Redding - The Dock Of The Bay
- Write a Review
- K57825 000000000 K57825000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:09/23/2003;Notes:The Dock of the Bay is the first of a number of posthumously released Otis Redding albums, and his seventh studio album...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:09/23/2003;Notes:The Dock of the Bay is the first of a number of posthumously released Otis Redding albums, and his seventh studio album. It contains a number of singles and B-sides dating back to 1965 and one of his best known songs, the posthumous hit "(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay". In 2003, the album was ranked number 161 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time. "(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay" is a song co-written by soul singer Otis Redding and guitarist Steve Cropper. It was recorded by Redding twice in 1967-once just days before his death in a December 10, 1967, plane crash. It was released after his death on Stax Records' Volt label in 1968, becoming the first posthumous single to top the charts in the US. It charted at number 3 on the UK Singles Chart. Redding started writing the lyrics to the song in August 1967, while sitting on a rented houseboat in Sausalito, California. He completed the song with the help of Stax producer and Booker T and the M.G.'s guitarist Steve Cropper. The song features mimicked seagull whistles and sounds of the waves crashing on the shore.;Track List:1. (Sittin' on) the Dock of the Bay;2. I Love You More Than Words Can Say;3. Let Me Come on Home;4. Open the Door;5. Don't Mess with Cupid;6. Glory of Love;7. I'm Coming Home;8. Tramp;9. Hucklebuck;10. Nobody Knows You When You're Down and Out;11. Ole Man Trouble
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.