- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Oumou Sangare - Mogoya
- Write a Review
- #K56901 000000000 K56901000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:05/19/2017;Notes:Limited 180gm white vinyl LP pressing. 2017 release. The wait is finally over. The greatest living female voice in Afri...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:05/19/2017;Notes:Limited 180gm white vinyl LP pressing. 2017 release. The wait is finally over. The greatest living female voice in African music, Oumou Sangare releases Mogoya (meaning "people today") on a new record label with an all-new production team and a wonderful new set of songs. The power of Oumou's voice and the potency of her message remain as strong as ever and, while her sound is rooted deep in the continuity of Malian tradition, Mogoya has a strong new sound. Co-produced by Andreas Unge in Stockholm and by the French production collective A.l.b.e.r.t. (who have worked with among others Air, Tony Allen, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Beck, Franz Ferdinand) in Paris, it draws on a rich musical heritage whilst also looking to the future. On the album, traditional African instruments - the kamele n'goni (harp), karignan (metal scraper) and calabash percussion - are augmented by electric guitar, bass, keyboards and synths with Tony Allen on drums. As Oumou puts it, "This time round I wanted to go for more of a modern sound, to satisfy young people in Mali but being careful, all the while, to respect my culture and tradition".;Track List:1. Bena Bena;2. Yere Faga Ft. Tony Allen;3. Fadjamou;4. Mali Niale;5. Kamelemba;6. Djoukourou;7. Kounkoun;8. Minata Waraba;Special Attributes:180 GRAM VINYL, WHITE
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.