- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Owen - The King Of Whys
- Write a Review
- #K76186 000000000 K76186000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:07/29/2016;Notes:180 gram vinyl LP pressing, includes digital download. Owen - the acclaimed solo musical guise of singer/songwriter/mul...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:07/29/2016;Notes:180 gram vinyl LP pressing, includes digital download. Owen - the acclaimed solo musical guise of singer/songwriter/multi-instrumentalist Mike Kinsella - has made an astonishing leap forward with The King of Whys, the first work in his two-decade-plus career to be made entirely outside of the greater Chicagoland area. Produced by S. Carey over 18 days last winter at April Base Studios in Eau Claire, WI, the album is Owen's most inspired and evocative thus far, interpolating a group dynamic into what has long been an intensely intimate sound. Songs like "The Desperate Act" and "Sleep Is A Myth" remain spare but with a distinctly outward shift in scope, their open-armed sonic range a perfect foil to Kinsella's evocative explorations of marriage, melancholia, and modern middle age. Fraught with hurt and wry humor, The King of Whys is a portrait of a restless artist grappling with doubt and ghosts of the past but searching for meaning through candor, creativity, and an ardent need for emotional release.;Track List:1. Empty Bottle;2. The Desperate Act;3. Settled Down;4. Lovers Come and Go;5. Tourniquet;6. A Burning Soul;7. Saltwater;8. An Island;9. Sleep Is a Myth;10. Lost;Special Attributes:180 GRAM VINYL, DIGITAL DOWNLOAD CARD
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.