- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Parquet Courts - Wide Awake
- Write a Review
- L32496 000000000 L32496000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:05/18/2018;Notes:Deluxe vinyl LP packaging including dual booklets. 2018 release. Wide Awake! Is New York's Parquet Courts' fifth record...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:05/18/2018;Notes:Deluxe vinyl LP packaging including dual booklets. 2018 release. Wide Awake! Is New York's Parquet Courts' fifth record since their forma-tion eight years ago. It's also their most groundbreaking. It's an album about independence and individuality but also about collectivity and communitar-ianism. Love is at it's center. There's also a freshness here, a breaking of new territory that's testament to the group's restless spirit. In part, this may be attributed to the fact that it's produced by Brian Bur-ton, better known as Danger Mouse, but it's also simply a triumph of their songwriter's art. The songs, written by Austin Brown and Andrew Savage, are filled with their traditional punk rock passion, as well as a lyrical ten-derness, but are elevated to even greater heights by the dynamic rhythmic propulsion of Max Savage (drums) and Sean Yeaton (bass). Ultimately then the message contained in Wide Awake! Is complex. "In such a hateful era of culture, we stand in opposition to that - and to the nihilism used to cope with that - with ideas of passion and love," Brown says. For Savage, it comes back to the deceptively complex goal of making people want to dance, powering the body for resistance through a combi-nation of groove, joy, and indignation, "expressing anger constructively but without trying to accommodate anyone.";Special Attributes:DELUXE EDITION
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.