- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Patrick Cowley - Kickin' in
- Write a Review
- #K81101 000000000 K81101000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:10/20/2015;Notes:Limited twelve inch vinyl pressing. In 2007 Honey Soundsystem was contacted by the former owner of Megatone Records Joh...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:10/20/2015;Notes:Limited twelve inch vinyl pressing. In 2007 Honey Soundsystem was contacted by the former owner of Megatone Records John Hedges. Hedges' was moving to Palm Springs and invited us over to his basement to collect over 2,000 records from his collection. Among the archives we noticed three moldy boxes of quarter inch reel to reel tapes. Included was the final mixed down reel for "Kickin' In", an epic 12-minute journey through disco, that Patrick recorded with Loverde in 1978. From the two minute plus drum solo that builds up to the introduction of a bouncing arpeggiated Prophet IV and the harmonized vocals, all transport the listener to another realm. The song encapsulates the Hi-NRG dance music that Patrick became known for. It was an "up" sound for the gay disco scene, music that would complement and sometimes enhance all night dancing. On the flip are two earlier songs produced between 1975-77 featuring basslines by college classmate and studio mate Maurice Tani. Both songs feature Patrick narrating erotic gay sex fantasies inspired by San Francisco's leather bars, back rooms and bathhouses. These songs show the sleazy side of Cowley's slow burning, oozing electronic creations with layers and layers of synthesizer, guitar, drum machine and vocoder.;Track List:1. Kickin' in;2. Theif of Love;3. You Gotta Make It Loose
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.