- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Paul Brubeck - Newport 1958
- Write a Review
- #K90461 000000000 K90461000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:03/10/2015;Notes:EU-only 180gm vinyl LP pressing including digital download. The Dave Brubeck Quartet with Paul Desmond, Gene Wright and...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:03/10/2015;Notes:EU-only 180gm vinyl LP pressing including digital download. The Dave Brubeck Quartet with Paul Desmond, Gene Wright and Joe Morello had been together for about a year when the State Department hired them for a "goodwill" tour of Europe in early 1958. The group made the trip across the Atlantic and performed on two continents for audiences in England, Germany, Scotland, Denmark, Belgium, Holland, Turkey, Pakistan, India, Afghanistan, Iran and Iraq. Right after the tour, on July 3, 1958, Brubeck made his usual performance at the Newport Jazz Festival. What was unusual was the program, consisting mainly of Duke Ellington tunes or tunes closely related to the Duke's band, like "Things Ain't What They Used to Be", composed by Duke's son Mercer Ellington, or "Flamingo", a ballad that, although not composed by Ellington or any of his relatives, had been in the Duke's repertoire since the_x000D_ early forties, usually as a feature for singer Herb Jeffries.;Track List:1. Things Ain't What They Used to Be;2. Jump for Joy;3. Perdido;4. Dance No. 3 from the 'Liberian Suite';5. The Duke;6. Flamingo;7. C Jam Blues Into Take the 'A' Train
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.