- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Pip Proud - Bird in the Engine
- Write a Review
- #K84150 000000000 K84150000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:12/09/2014;Notes:Vinyl LP repressing. In the late '60s, Pip Proud recorded two of the oddest records ever to come out of Australia-ADREN...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:12/09/2014;Notes:Vinyl LP repressing. In the late '60s, Pip Proud recorded two of the oddest records ever to come out of Australia-ADRENALINE & RICHARD and a BIRD IN THE ENGINE-before vanishing into obscurity for the better part of three decades. Often called the 'Australian Syd Barrett,' Proud actually released his second album in 1969, a year prior to THE MADCAP LAUGHS, and developed his indigenous Psychedelia in virtual isolation. A BIRD IN THE ENGINE is even rarer than his debut. From the extraordinary 'Eagle-Wise' to the remarkable title track (which includes the un-credited performance of a friend hitting a cardboard box with a microphone), Proud's unrestrained genius is laid bare, a delicate tension of simple melodies and maddening form. While other compilations of Proud's music have been released in recent years, this is the first time a BIRD IN THE ENGINE has been reissued in it's original format. Recommended for fans of Alvarius B., Donovan and Jandek.;Track List:1. Marie;2. Hey Sue;3. A Fraying Space;4. She Says To Me;5. She Dwindles Her Fingers;6. A Bird In The Engine;7. Eagle-Wise;8. French Girls;9. Vida;10. There Is No Rest;11. Nancy;12. Lover Lover
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.