- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
PJ Harvey - Let England Shake
- Write a Review
- #K61017 000000000 K61017000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:02/22/2011;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. 2011 album from the critically adored British singer/songwriter. Let England Shake was recorded in a...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:02/22/2011;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. 2011 album from the critically adored British singer/songwriter. Let England Shake was recorded in a 19th Century church in Dorset, on a cliff-top overlooking the sea. It was created with a cast of musicians including such long-standing allies as Flood, John Parish, and Mick Harvey. What is remarkable about Let England Shake is bound up with it's music, it's abiding atmosphere and in particular, it's words. If Harvey's past work might seem to draw of direct emotional experience, this album is rather different. It's songs centre on both her home country, and events further afield in which it has embroiled itself. The lyrics return, time and again, to the matter of war, the fate of the people who must do the fighting, and events separated by whole ages, from Afghanistan to Gallipoli. The album they make up is not a work of protest, nor of strait-laced social or political comment. It brims with the mystery and magnetism in which she excels. But her lyric-writing in particular has arrived at a new, breathtaking place, in which the human aspects of history are pushed to the foreground. Put simply, not many people make records like this.;Track List:1. Let England Shake;2. The Last Living Rose;3. The Glorious Land;4. The Words That Maketh Murder;5. All and Everyone;6. On Battleship Hill;7. England;8. In the Dark Places;9. Bitter Branches;10. Hanging in the Wire;11. Written on the Forehead;12. The Colour of the Earth
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.