- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Popp - Laya
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L69485 000000000 L69485000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:07/19/2019;Notes:With seemingly effortless precision and a sense for the imperfect, Popp merges ambient, third stream, minimal music on ...Click To Read More About This Product
Release Date:07/19/2019;Notes:With seemingly effortless precision and a sense for the imperfect, Popp merges ambient, third stream, minimal music on his debut album, Laya. The title derives from the Sanskrit language and signifies a place of rest and mental inactivity. In the spring of 2019 Popp created these eight tracks from hours of improvisation in his own studio. The moments thus captured were then enriched with more sounds and effects to add layers and shed the manually played percussion of all it's earthliness. The result is an album of concealed complexity and unadorned beauty. Raised on an old farm in rural Bavaria, Simon Popp started playing the drums at the age of nine. During his studies at the Academy of Music and Theatre in Munich, he extensively studied African music from countries like Togo, Ghana, and Benin where rhythm is central to culture. On his quest for this world's sounds, Popp collected and recorded a wide variety of drums and other instruments, adding to the placelessness of Laya. 180 gram pressing, includes download.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.