- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Prairie Empire - The Salt
- Write a Review
- #K89380 000000000 K89380000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:07/15/2016;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. 2016 release, the sophomore full-length from Brooklyn's Prairie Empire. The Salt is a moving, unexpe...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:07/15/2016;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. 2016 release, the sophomore full-length from Brooklyn's Prairie Empire. The Salt is a moving, unexpected departure from their folky, self-titled debut. In the four years between albums, Brittain Ashford and her band developed a more sophisticated sound, one that expands beyond the four walls of the bedroom into cinematic terrain. Calm moments give way to fevered climaxes, strings and reeds humming as Ashford's mournful, whiskey-soaked alto floats above the chaos. Inspired by the quietude of Elliott Smith and the dynamism of Jeff Buckley, Ashford directs her melancholic vocals through lush, atmospheric arrangements, oscillating between grief and anticipation. Ashford (vocals, guitars, arrangements, etc.) and Nim Ben-Reuven (drums, drawings of cats) met by chance while getting copies made in Manhattan. They became friends and Ben-Reuven joined the Empire. For this record, the duo filled out their sound with Brent Arnold (cello The Antlers, Reggie Watts, Modest Mouse), Jeff Hudgins (clarinet, sax, bari-sax), Danah Olivetree (cello), Alec Spiegelman (pump organ Cuddle Magic), Scott Colberg (additional guitar) and Matt Bauer (vox). It's fair to say that Prairie Empire has entered a larger world The Salt surveys the land around them with power and subtlety.;Track List:1. Like Birds;2. Folded from the Storm;3. Circles;4. The Salt;5. In Three for Joe;6. Stay Good;7. Muir Woods;8. Daniel;9. We Were Reeds
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.