- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Rachel's - Systems/Layers
- Write a Review
- #K66979 000000000 K66979000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:10/28/2016;Notes:Double vinyl LP pressing includes digital download. Louisville-based avant-garde chamber group Rachel's present the vin...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:10/28/2016;Notes:Double vinyl LP pressing includes digital download. Louisville-based avant-garde chamber group Rachel's present the vinyl debut of their 2003 full-length album systems/layers. This double LP album release also includes the vinyl debut of Rachel's 2005 EP, Technology Is Killing Music. Numerous recording sessions make up systems/layers, home recordings, field recordings, and several large ensemble sessions with members of the Louisville Orchestra. Preliminary work for systems/ layers began in 1997, when Rachel's took to the streets of NYC armed with a DAT recorded in search of interesting sounds. This project, intended to address the issues of modern urban life, was set aside while other projects kept the band's attention. However, when Rachel's started working with the innovative New York based SITI theatre group in 2000, these recordings were given an environment to be completed. Included on last side of this 2 x LP release, Technology Is Killing Music is an ideal companion to systems/layers. Assembled in the same cut up style, this 20-minute EP is a long-form suite comprised of material sourced from studio sessions, live performances and field recordings.;Special Attributes:DIGITAL DOWNLOAD CARD
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.