- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Ray Barbee - Tiara For Computer
- Write a Review
- L29838 000000000 L29838000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:06/08/2018;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. In the late 1960s, Peter Zinovieff - co-founder of London's Electronic Music Studios-sold his wife's...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:06/08/2018;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. In the late 1960s, Peter Zinovieff - co-founder of London's Electronic Music Studios-sold his wife's diamond tiara to subsidize the world's first computer in a private residence. At nearly the cost of a house (and taking up almost an entire room), the weighty extravagance was purchased and installed to control one singular process: sequencing sounds. This was the all-or-nothing beginning of EMS, and their enthusiastic exploration of the unknown-synthesized music-lead directly to the ground-breaking work of artists like Pink Floyd, Brian Eno, and Kraftwerk. In the spirit of that wholehearted approach, Ray Barbee has ventured into uncharted waters with Tiara For Computer, a synth-anchored album from a man known for his expressive, solo guitar work. The development of Tiara's synthetic base also proved to be the perfect excuse to enlist drummer John Herndon (Tortoise, Isotope 217, 5ive Style). So, alongside bassist Josh Lippi (The Overtimers, Blktop Project), engineer Monte Vallier (Tommy Guerrero, Mattson 2, Swell), and with beacon-light producer Thomas Campbell running point, they set about their shared journey of dubbing, remixing, and accompanying Barbee's time drifting, out-of-tune Korg MS-20 synthesizer. While the end result of Tiara carries the greater-than sum of it's veteran parts, it's also the product of another unexplained synthesis-a kind of leap of faith.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.