- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Red River Dave - Authentic Hillbilly Ballads & Topical Songs: Volume One (1954-1976)
- Write a Review
- #K70683 000000000 K70683000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:10/06/2017;Notes:Deluxe vinyl LP pressing in gatefold jacket. Notorious for his 1970 song 'California Hippie Murders!' - a ghoulish, har...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:10/06/2017;Notes:Deluxe vinyl LP pressing in gatefold jacket. Notorious for his 1970 song 'California Hippie Murders!' - a ghoulish, harrowing, yodeling retelling of the infamous (Charles Manson masterminded) Tate-La-Bianca slayings - Red River Dave was a genuine cowboy singing star turned tabloid balladeer. While 'California Hippie Murders!' might seem chilling and bizarre, within the body of 'Red River Dave' McEnery epic saga songs (collected here for the very first time), it makes perfect sense. The Moon landings, the kidnapping of heiress Patty Hearst, the Vietnam conflict, the assassination of JFK, the murder of young Emmett Till, Korean War 'Manchurian Candidate' brainwashing, patriotic tirades and Cold War dirges - all grist for the great Red River Dave Hillbilly song-mill. Often cut within hours or days of the event and pressed as minuscule edition private 45s: the tall, flamboyant, 'Buffalo Bill' bearded McEnery cut a dashing figure in his gold-sprayed cowboy boots and cracking lariat - as he hawked these handcrafted cuts from the boot of his steer-horned Cadillac. Some sides presented here are so rare as to be near-mythical - you'll hear Red River Dave wax about the death of Marilyn Monroe and the Bay of Pigs - in an eccentric and forgotten chronicle of the 20th century experience.;Special Attributes:GATEFOLD LP JACKET, LIMITED EDITION, DELUXE EDITION
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.