- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Ricked Wicky - King Heavy Metal
- Write a Review
- #K69673 000000000 K69673000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:07/24/2015;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. 2015 release, the second album from prolific indie artist Robert Pollard's self-described "supergrou...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:07/24/2015;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing. 2015 release, the second album from prolific indie artist Robert Pollard's self-described "supergroup" (tongue practically piercing his cheek with self-deprecating irony). King Heavy Metal is a hitherto undiscovered species of rainforest songbird capable of changing colors in the ultraviolet and infrared spectrums. At once prog-struck, collagist, technically impressive, and melodically complex, King Heavy Metal lives up to and subverts its title over the course of its 12 songs. There's stuff on here that wouldn't be out of place on any post-Isolation Drills Guided By Voices album, stuff that wouldn't be out of place on an alternate-universe mid-70s Who album, and stuff that's as lo-fi, booze-addled, and sloppy as anything from "classic"-era GBV. Pollard's determined to establish Ricked Wicky as more than just another solo or side project: it's a proper, self-contained group, with significant contributions, both instrumental and songwriting, from guitarist Nick Mitchell (long time GBV/Pollard stalwart Kevin March supplies drums). Mitchell sings lead on two songs here, both presumably written by him as well.;Track List:1. Jargon of Clones;2. Come Into My Wig Shop;3. Imminent Fall from Grace;4. Too Strong for No One to See You;5. This Has Been My Picture;6. Ogling Blarest;7. Tomfoole Terrific;8. Earth Among Men;9. Weekend Worriers;10. Walk Through Glass;11. I'll Let You in;12. Map and Key
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.