- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Robbie Basho - Art of the Acoustic Steel String Guitar 6 & 12
- Write a Review
- #K85856 000000000 K85856000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:12/16/2014;Notes:Along with acoustic guitar innovators John Fahey and Leo Kottke, Basho is known for his work on the Takoma label. Longt...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:12/16/2014;Notes:Along with acoustic guitar innovators John Fahey and Leo Kottke, Basho is known for his work on the Takoma label. Longtime fan William Ackerman signed Basho to his fledgling Windham Hill label in the late '70s and this resulting album is a little less esoteric than his previous efforts, but no less exotic. Basho had always been heavily influenced by the music of India, specifically Ravi Shankar, and this time around there's also a healthy dose of Western classical influences. "Variations on Clare de Lune" is a highlight, along with a reprise of his 1967 "The Grail and the Lotus." Most of Basho's recorded work has a slight (sometimes not so slight) disturbing or unsettled quality to it and this is exemplified by the times he decides to sing. His vocals are a weird, deep, otherworldly baritone and are an acquired taste to say the least. If you can get past the occasional singing, though, there's some mind-boggling guitar to savor on this release.;Track List:1. The Grail And The Lotus 6:36;2. Cathedrals Et Fleur De Lis 7:00;3. Pasha II 6:33;4. A Study For Steel String 2:59;5. Ackerman Special 1:16;6. Apres Midi American 1:56;7. Variations On Grieg 5:02;8. Scottish Rites 4:38;9. Pavan India 7:11;10. Variations On Ezumi 4:03;11. Variations On Clair De Lune 3:36
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.