- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Rough Guide to Gospel Blues - Rough Guide To Gospel Blues
- Write a Review
- #K68186 000000000 K68186000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:06/30/2017;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing includes digital download though the blues and gospel music of the African American in the pre-war er...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:06/30/2017;Notes:Vinyl LP pressing includes digital download though the blues and gospel music of the African American in the pre-war era seem quite distinct, they were essentially two sides of the same coin. Both genres shared the same longing for a better life and an almost blind hope in deliverance and redemption. The musical influence of the church was profound on many blues singers, as this was often where they started out. Many early bluesmen would freely switch between playing blues and gospel and it was not uncommon for artists to go back and forth between careers as preachers and blues performers.;Track List:1. I Am the Light (Reverend Gary Davis);2. Blind Willie Johnson - I Know His Blood Can Make Me Whole;3. Bukka White - the Promise True and Grand;4. Rev. Edward w. Clayborn - Your Enemy Cannot Harm You;5. Blind Joe Taggart Josh White - Scandalous and a Shame;6. Jesus Is My Air-O-Plane (Mother McCollum);7. Blind Willie Kate McTell - I Got Religion I'm So Glad;8. Be Ready When He Comes (Skip James);9. Let Me Ride (Memphis Minnie);10. Barbecue Bob - When the Saints Go Marching in;11. Bessie Smith - on Revival Day;12. All I Want Is That Pure Religion (Blind Lemon Jefferson);Special Attributes:DIGITAL DOWNLOAD CARD
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.