- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Samson - Shock Tactics
- Write a Review
- #K62356 000000000 K62356000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Release Date:08/04/2017;Notes:Limited crimson loincloth vinyl LP pressing. Of all the bands in the New Wave of British Heavy Metal movement, Samson t...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Release Date:08/04/2017;Notes:Limited crimson loincloth vinyl LP pressing. Of all the bands in the New Wave of British Heavy Metal movement, Samson takes the woulda/coulda/shoulda been big stars prize. The band's talent and theatricality were undeniable guitarist and singer Paul Samson had replaced Bernie Tormé (of Gillan fame) in the band Scrapyard before founding Samson, which soon enlisted the lead vocal talents of a certain "Bruce Bruce" a.k.a. Bruce Dickinson, soon to be of Iron Maiden. Throw in bassist Chris Aylmer and drummer Thunderstick, who performed inside a metal cage wearing a gimpstyle mask, and this was an outfit seemingly destined for big things. But, constant promotional gaffes (e.g. booking them on tour with an ill-matched Robin Trower) led the band to terminate their contract with management, who promptly brought an injunction keeping them off the road. Then, their label (Gem) went bankrupt as Dickinson says, they "made every mistake in the business." In the midst of all the turmoil, though, the band made it's third and finest record, Shock Tactics, which was ably produced by AC/DC producer Tony Platt but, as Iron Maiden was recording next door at Battery Studios in London, the two bands became friendly, and Dickinson left Samson for Iron Maiden just as Samson received big offers from A&M and RCA, which were instantly withdrawn upon his departure.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.